Notice of Rights Under Title VI
The Columbus Consolidated Government – of Transportation/METRA
- The City of Columbus/METRA operates its program and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the City of Columbus/METRA.
- For more information on the City of Columbus/METRA's civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact (706) 225-4581, or mail completed forms to:
Attn: Title VI
PO Box 1340
Columbus, GA 31901
For more information, visit METRA's website.
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration at any time by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights:
Attn: Title VI Program Coordinator
Office of Civil Rights
East Building, 5th Floor-TCR
1200 New Jersey Ave SE
Washington, DC 20590
- If information is needed in another language, contact (706) 225-4581.
- Si se necesita informacion en otro idoma, llame (706) 225-4581.
- Si l'information est necessaire dans une autre langue, contactez (706) 225-4581.
declaración en español
Title VI Complaints
Title VI complaint forms are available for hand pick-up at METRA's Administration Building (located on the METRA campus at 814 Linwood Boulevard) or for mail delivery upon request.
Purpose of the Process: The complaint process was developed to cover all complaints filed under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, for alleged discrimination on the basis of race, color and national origin in any program or activity administered by METRA.
The complaint procedure does not deny the right of the complainant to file formal complaints with other State or Federal agencies or to seek private counsel for complaints alleging discrimination. Every effort will be made to obtain early resolution of complaints at the lowest level possible.
The option of a meeting between the affected party and METRA may be utilized for resolution. Any individual, group of individuals or entity that believes they have been subjected to discrimination prohibited under Title VI and related statutes may file a complaint.
Program Update: FTA C 4702.1B
Title VI Program Update
Actualización del Programa de Título VI