Pine Grove Landfill
Pine Grove Municipal Solid Waste Landfill
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: Refer to Saturday Schedule
We ask citizens arrive 30 minutes before closing for normal drop-off and, at least, an hour and a half before closing for large loads.
Open 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- January 8, 2022
- February 5, 2022
- March 5, 2022
- April 2, 2022
- May 7, 2022
- June 4, 2022
- July 9, 2022
- August 6, 2022
- September 10, 2022
- October 1, 2022
- November 5, 2022
- December 3, 2022
Effective 13 May 2019, Pine Grove Landfill accepts organic waste such as: limbs, stumps, trees, shrubs and land clearing debris. All leaves and grass clippings will continue to be disposed at Granite Bluff Landfill.
Mixed loads are NOT permitted, and site separation is not allowed. Loads must be of the same type of material such as Household Garbage, Construction, and Green Waste.
Payment accepted in cash, check, credit and debit card. Businesses with an approved license may be billed through the CCG Revenue Division.
- Household Garbage (putrescible waste) is billed at $42.50 PER TON (.02125¢ per pound) -garbage, food, street refuse, paper, cloth, furniture, glass, plastic.
- Construction Waste is billed at $42.50 PER TON (.02125¢ per pound) -roofing, plywood, treated wood, plaster, steel, concrete, plastic, insulation, rubber.
- Items requiring Special Handling which are buried upon receipt are billed at $60.00 PER TON (.030¢ per pound) -Asbestos (businesses are required to provide a State EPD* issued manifest number), animals, industrial sludge and ashes, tobacco, medical waste. All material requiring special handling must arrive prior to 11:00 AM (with appropriate documentation) and with at least 24 hours advance notice.
- Metal is billed at $30.50 PER TON (.01525¢ per pound).
- Organic Waste is billed at $34.00 PER TON (.017¢ per pound) -limbs, stumps, trees, shrub, and land clearing debris. We cannot accept Green waste that is mixed with other waste. This site operates a mulching machine suitable for grinding most organic waste as part of Columbus' Recycling and Compost Program.
- Certain sizes and quantities of Concrete, Dirt, and Rock are accepted, usually at the Construction rate of $42.50 PER TON (.02125¢ per pound). We DO NOT accept Railroad Ties. The only known source for disposal is *Taylor County Landfill located in Butler/Mauk, GA (478) 862-2504. (*Citizens should call for fees and times.)
- Prohibited Items: Liquids (of any kind), Paint, and Batteries. However, a citizen may deposit EMPTY paint cans or paint that has been completely dried (proper procedure: fill with dirt, sand, absorbent material and expose to air until solidified.) Bring to the attention of the scale-house attendant any questionable items such as: fire extinguishers, propane tanks, gas cans, etc. for proper disposal instructions.
We are NOT equipped to handle Bio-Med waste. Upon notification, the scale-house attendant will accept PROPERLY PACKAGED sharps from residents ONLY.
Citizens are allowed to load mulch themselves for their private residency and haul it off site for no charge. We ask that you bring your water bill to prove residency and we reserve the right to refuse this service to anyone who we believe is abusing it.
The landfills employ inmate labor. It is a violation of Georgia code 42-5-16 & MCP code 77-327 to deal, give or trade items with inmates. THIS IS CONSIDERED A FELONY!
It shall be unlawful for any person to trade or traffic with, buy from, or sell any article to an inmate without the knowledge and consent of the warden, superintendent, or the designated representative in charge. Any person who violates Code Section 42-5-16 or 42-5-17 shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be imprisoned for not less than one nor more than five years.