Health & Wellness Center Appointments
To ensure the efficient operation of the Health & Wellness Center, the Center's staff asks you to use the following guidelines:
- Adhere to the ABC's of visiting the Health & Wellness Center.
- If you are a new patient of the Health & Wellness Center, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete paperwork.
- Established patients should arrive 5 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment time.
- Patients who are late for appointments by 15 minutes or more will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
If you have any questions, please contact 706-653-4059.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Patients have the right...
- To expect quality care and efficient access to primary health care.
- To be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- To have all physical examinations, interviews and discussions about their care to take place privately and to have all communications and records about their care handled confidentially.
- To the assurance of confidentiality when they approve or refuse the release of medical information.
- To receive information about the Wellness Centers services, care providers and organizational policies.
- To have their pain assessed and addressed.
- To participate in all decisions involving care and treatment, including the right to refuse any drug, procedure, test or treatment.
- To appoint someone to help with care decisions if they cannot make those decisions for themselves.
- To receive information about advance directives.
- To voice complaints about the care provided or about the organization.
- To know if the provider is participating in teaching programs, research and/or experimental programs and to refuse to participate in such programs.
- To have access to medical records in accordance with Federal and State laws.
Patients have the responsibility...
- To provide accurate and complete information to the Wellness Center's professional staff regarding health status, history, etc. This includes all medications - prescribed and/or over the counter.
- To provide information regarding allergies or sensitivities.
- To inform the provider about any living will, medical power of attorney or other directive that could affect your care.
- To follow instructions and guidelines given to you by those providing your health care.
- To inform the provider or support staff if you do not understand your diagnosis or treatment plan.
- To keep your appointment or notify the center at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to keep your appointment.
- To inform the Wellness Center when you have a complaint or concern.
Notice of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
CareATC's Notice of Privacy Practices